04 Jul Sat 📃 ★★★ Article • The Manic Minute
• Firefighter Gideon Ring tells his recruitment story into Oxfordshire's Fire Service. ⇛ Gideon Ring
04 July Sat ↪ RE-OPENING • KIDLINGTON FOOTBALL CLUB
• Kidlington Football Club is reopening on Saturday 4th July operating within Covid-19 guidelines. Opening hours — Saturdays: noon to 11.00pm. Sundays: noon to 6.00pm. Fridays: 3.00pm to 11.00pm. Live football matches on TV broadcast on Sky and BT Sports will be available to view in the Club's social area. For details and more click on the Club's card on KV here
9 Jul Thu ↪ Online Event • LOCKDOWN CURIOSITY
• A series of online talks and discussions organised by Kidlington Baptist Church. For details scroll down the Poster Parade, here: Poster Parade
📃 Article • GOING BACK TO UNIVERSITY
Event Organisers — when you are able to confirm an upcoming event subject to any further lockdown restrictions please notify Louise Lloyd by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your event in this Calendar.
• Ella Gauci returns with sage advice about continuing to study. ⇛ Ella Gauci
📃 Article • SUMMER'S GARDENS AND THE POETS
• John Batchelor leads us onto an immaculate lawn with Marvell, Kipling, and Shakespeare. ⇛ John Batchelor
⚫ Information • KIDLINGTON LIBRARY: PREPARING TO RE-OPEN
• Library staff are making preparations to re-open soon. For details and to read about the Summer Reading Challenge
look at the notice in the Poster Parade here: Poster Parade
⚫ Information • ART TO WORDS • Art Weeks local exhibitions were cancelled last month but if you have produced an artwork and can tell its story in around 500 words then please contact our Publishing Director to have it exhibited as an article here on KV. Contact louise.lloyd @kvoice.co.uk
📃 Article • AN EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY
• James Hamilton takes a phenomenal flight high above the buttercup fields of Kidlington. ⇛ James Hamilton
⚫ Information • HISTORY CALLS FOR REMINISCENCES
📃 Article • STARGAZING
• The Kidlington and District Historical Society (K&DHS) invites your reminiscences about the impact the Coronavirus is having on your daily life.
Click on the letter from KDHS in the Poster Parade, here: Poster Parade
• Roger Davies invites us to look up and take in the big picture as he describes the sky at night over Kidlington. ⇛ Roger Davies
📃 Article • IN PRAISE OF COW PARSLEY
• James Hamilton reveals a presence hidden in every corner of every field. ⇛ James Hamilton
♦ Advertisement • Kidlington Football Club • Home fixtures played at Yarnton Road. 📃 Article • LOCKDOWN MEDAL
⇛ Kidlington Football Club
• Graham Kirby considers VE-Day and reflects on how prisoners of war in Europe supported each other. ⇛ Graham Kirby
📃 Article • POETRY AND CRISIS: EDWARD THOMAS
• John Batchelor recalls the times, settings, and poetry of Edward Thomas. ⇛ John Batchelor
♦ Advertisement • The Yurt at Nicholsons • The Yurt at Nicholsons provides simple and surprising delights under canvas in its tree nursery in North Aston.
⇛ The Yurt at Nicholsons
♦ Advertisement • Chipping Norton Theatre • Upcoming Performances.
⇛ Chipping Norton Theatre
⚫ Information • SELF-ISOLATING? NEED HELP?
• Thames Valley Police in partnership with Kidlington Parish Council have set up a hotline to support you. If you or your neighbours need help while self-isolating in the Kidlington area then telephone 01865-817722. For details see Poster Parade, here: Poster Parade
⚫ Information • WRITERS WARMLY WELCOMED • At home with an idea for creative writing? Ready to publish your article to inform your fellow villagers? It's time to write — become a Kidlington Writer. For details, contact louise.lloyd @kvoice.co.uk