CLICK TO VISIT THE YEAR-AHEAD CALENDAR 2018—
Click the calendar for a list of events coming up in the Kidlington area.
Notify your upcoming event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMEMBER the earlier you notify your event, the longer your notice will show in the year-ahead calendar.
Craft beers, wines, spirits.
CLICK TO VISIT DRUNKDRY'S FACEBOOK PAGE—
DrunkDry. With a free marshmallow to roast with your drink on FirePit Fridays. Click above for more.
CLICK TO VISIT THE BBC WEBSITE—
LOCAL LAND USE — Did you know?
Less than 6% of land in the UK is built on. So, how does Kidlington compare?
The BBC's Home Editor Mark Easton invites us to click above and enter our postcode for statistics about local land-use in our Kidlington area.
Look ahead to
MORE 2018 Calendar →
- 02 Feb Fri - VOICE: 7.15am for 7.30am at The Foresters Hall (above Tesco). Breakfast meeting for Members of Kidlington Voice.
- 03 Feb Sat - BEER FESTIVAL: from noon at Church Hanborough Parish Church. See details on KV front page.
- 06 Feb Tue - U3A: 2.00pm at Woodstock Community Centre, New Road, Woodstock OX20 1PB. University of the Third Age: 'Stained Glass in Oxford' by Brian Lowe.
- 07 Feb Wed - JOBS: The Kidlington offices of Recruitment Agents Thorne and Wait are remaining open tonight until 7.00pm for registrations. For more information click on the Thorne and Wait card on our home page.
- 09 Feb Fri - DEADLINE: by noon today please, receipt of copy for the March 2018 edition of the printed magazine Kidlington News. Email: email@example.com
- 09 Feb Fri - QUIZ NIGHT: from 7.30pm at Stratfield Brake Sports Ground. £10.00 per team max 6 people. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, plus special prize for best team name.
- 11 Feb Sun - TEA TALK: 3.00pm at St. Mary's Church, Kidlington. 'The Artist Thomas Gainsborough,' by Kidlington author James Hamilton.
- 24 Feb Sat - ANTIQUES: 10.00am to 1.00pm at The Methodist Church Hall, Kidlington. Antique and Collectors Market.
- 24 Feb Sat - RELAUNCH PARTY: from 7.00pm at Stratfield Brake Sports Ground Kidlington. See notice on KV Front Page for details.
- 24 Feb Sat - FILM CLUB: from 7.30pm at Kirtlington Village Hall, showing of the film 'La La Land'.
- 27 Feb Tue - HISTORY: 7.50pm for 8.00pm at Moorside Place OX5 2UZ. Kidlington & District Historical Society. A talk by Tony Boughton: 'The Stench of Victorian Indecision'.
CLICK TO VISIT KAOS WEBSITE
SONGS FROM THE SHOWS
SPRING CONCERT performed at St. Mary's Church Kidlington from 7.30pm on Friday & Saturday 10th & 11th May 2018. A compilation of works from past KAOS shows.
mobile phone ...
(Giffgaff awards received in 2017: Which
Recommended Provider; uSwitch
Network of the Year winner; Money-Super-Market
Best in Class SIM-only)
... here's a free SIM,
with free calls to your friends with giffgaff numbers, plus £5.00 extra credit when you order through KVOICE.
TO ORDER NOW
or to find out more
click the giffgaff logo above.
CLICK TO VISIT MARLBOROUGH SCHOOL WEBSITE—
Courses for adults, young people, and families. For timings and details of courses click the book-cover above.
About the Artist
CLICK BOOK COVER ABOVE TO VISIT JAMES HAMILTON'S WEBSITE—
'Gainsborough — A Portrait' by Kidlington author James Hamilton.
James Hamilton's Gainsborough was chosen for BBC Radio 4's Book of the Week, and selected as a Book of the Year in The Times, Sunday Times, and Observer.
'Compulsively readable, the pages seem to turn themselves,' wrote John Carey, Sunday Times.
'Hamilton brings one of the very greatest artists vividly to life' - Literary Review.
James' talk begins at 3.00pm at St Mary's Church, Kidlington, on Sunday 11th February 2018.
A lion named Hanno
at Kidlington's Zoo
CLICK TO VISIT THE OXFORD MAIL WEBSITE—
Once upon a time in Kidlington there lived a lion named Hanno.
Click Hanno's picture above and travel down memory lane with the Oxford Mail recollecting Oxford's Zoo based in Kidlington in the 1930s.
From 7.00pm on SATURDAY 24th FEBRUARY 2018
with free car parking, free entry, a complimentary drink on arrival, free entertainment, dancing and disco! SATNAV: Frieze Way, Kidlington OX5 1UP (not far from Sainsbury's roundabout).
For numbers, SB's Manger Matthew Joyce would really really like to know you are planning to attend so please take a minute to send Matt an email to: stratfieldbrake @legacyleisure.org.uk or telephone 01865-847496, thank you!
ABOUT STRATFIELD BRAKE
Working in partnership with Cherwell District Council and Kidlington Parish Council,
Legacy Leisure now manages this conference venue and outdoor sports facility sited just north of Oxford on the roundabout entrance to Kidlington.
YOUR OWN EVENTS
The venue is suitable for business conferences and private parties. So,
if you are planning a local event with lots of guests then the relaunch party is a great opportunity to check-out these new facilities — and at any time you can discuss your upcoming event's requirement with the Manager at the contacts above.
Do you have a local story to tell?
Or a picture to show about your work, your school, your club, your hobby? Or perhaps you'd like to publish an illustrated article on a topic of general interest to the local community?
If there's something you'd like everyone to know more about online — then let us know.
if you have a website or a weblog we can link to it directly from this page.
But if you do not have a website, then even a short notice on this page will get your message quickly online where
it can be seen by hundreds of unique visitors to KV-Online every week.
Make KV-Online your own local website.
To discuss your idea for an article published on this page then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look ahead to
MORE 2018 Calendar →
- 06 Mar Tue - U3A: 2.00pm at Woodstock Community Centre, New Road, Woodstock OX20 1PB. University of the Third Age: 'Cole Porter and His Music' by Nick Gill.
- 09 Mar Fri - DEADLINE: by noon today please, receipt of copy for the April 2018 edition of the printed magazine Kidlington News. Email: email@example.com
- 16 Mar Fri - VOICE: 7.15am for 7.30am at The Foresters Hall (above Tesco). Breakfast meeting for Members of Kidlington Voice.
- 18 Mar Sun - MUSIC: 5.30pm at St. Mary's Church Kidlington. Passiontide excerpts from Handel's Messiah.
- 24 Mar Sat - ANTIQUES: 10.00am to 1.00pm at The Methodist Church Hall, Kidlington. Antique and Collectors Market.
- 24 Mar Sat - FILM CLUB: from 7.30pm at Kirtlington Village Hall, showing of the film 'Renoir'.
- 27 Mar Tue - U3A: 2.00pm at Woodstock Community Centre, New Road, Woodstock OX20 1PB. University of the Third Age: 'Hurghada - The Egyptian Resort' by John Paine.
- 27 Mar Tue - HISTORY: 7.50pm for 8.00pm at Moorside Place OX5 2UZ. Kidlington & District Historical Society. A talk by John Leighfield: 'The History of Maps'.
CLICK TO VISIT OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL WEBSITE—
Applications for children due to start primary school in September 2018 can now be made online. Click to connect with Oxfordshire County Council's online application system.
CLICK TO VISIT TONY BENNELL WEBSITE—
Music and entertainment for all occasions: bands, disco, karaoke, tribute acts.